StoryBrooke
Hello! Sadly Storybrooke is no longer open. However! If you wish to role play in a fantasy world, I strongly suggest you visit this site:

http://moonscompanion.freeforums.net/index.cgi?

~Rose
StoryBrooke
Hello! Sadly Storybrooke is no longer open. However! If you wish to role play in a fantasy world, I strongly suggest you visit this site:

http://moonscompanion.freeforums.net/index.cgi?

~Rose
StoryBrooke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

StoryBrooke

Medieval fantasy sites. Come and play as anything from an angel to a werewolf! Site opened April 17th, 2012

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Big changes are ahead in Storybrooke....
Big changes are ahead in Storybrooke..... ~Rose

Earning her daily bread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Scarlet
Scarlet

Earning her daily bread Empty
PostSubject: Earning her daily bread   Earning her daily bread I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 5:06 am

Scarlet was just a serf, lowest on the food chain. She still had her silver collar on and she could not take it off. She could pull and tug but it wouldn't give. If anyone 'normal' tried to pick the lock both Scarlet and other person would get shocked, many people tried and all failed. She was dressed in a deerskin outfit. It went over one shoulder then diagonal right under the other. It stopped just at her knees and showed off her small hourglass shape that most women would kill for and most men drooled over. Though none touched her being that her collar was still on everyone thought she was taken...oh how she wanted that thing off of her so she could be a citizen. She pulled a stool over to the corner of the Inn and placed a cup on the table next to her and strummed her guitar. This was how she earned money...from the kindness of others. She took in a breath before she strummed a few more strings and began to sing.

I have often dreamed
Of a far off place
Where a hero's welcome
Would be waiting for me
Where the crowds will cheer
When they see my face
And a voice keeps saying
This is where I'm meant to be

I'll be there someday
I can go the distance
I will find my way
If I can be strong
I know every mile
Will be worth my while
When I go the distance
I'll be right where I belong

Down an unknown road
To embrace my fate
Though that road may wander
It will lead me to you
And a thousand years
Would be worth the wait
It might take a lifetime
But somehow I'll see it through

And I won't look back
I can go the distance
And I'll stay on track
No I won't accept defeat
It's an uphill slope
But I won't lose hope
Till I go the distance
And my journey is complete
But to look beyond the glory is the hardest part
For a hero's strength is measured by his heart

Like a shooting star
I will go the distance
I will search the world
I will face its harms
I don't care how far
I can go the distance
Till I find my hero's welcome
Waiting in your arms...

I will search the world
I will face its harms
Till I find my hero's welcome
Waiting in your arms

Her voice was like angels, she has a silky smooth voice and her voice was like bells. She was gifted in that field. She paused thanking everyone who gave her money any amount she was happy with. She nodded to everyone and laughed with one older women. Her laugh was like jingle bells. Her eyes where as green as spring time grass and her features here flawless and even glowed a bit. Oh yes Scarlet was very attractive. She looked down at her feet at the little girls who rushed to give her money and smiled as they sat down asking her to play again. She giggled again looking at the baby boy who was sitting with the mother and smiled. She needed to think up a good child song.

A dream is a wish your heart makes,
When you're fast asleep,
In dreams you lose your heartaches,
Whatever you wish for, you keep.

Have faith in your dreams and someday,

Your rainbow will come smiling through,
No matter how your heart is grieving,
If you keep on believing,
The dream that you wish will come true.

When you’re feeling small,
Alone, In the night you whisper,
Thinking no one can hear you at all.

You wake with the morning sunlight,

To find fortune that is smiling on you,
Don't let your heart be filled with sorrow,
For all you know tomorrow,

You Wake with the morning sunlight,

To find fortune that is smiling on you,
Don't let your heart be filled with sorrow,
For all you know tomorrow,

No matter how your heart is grieving

If you keep on believing
The dream that you wish will come true

She stopped at the end as people clapped some ignored her but she was just trying to earn money to survive. Some whispered and yelled out a slave should be seen and not heard. Other yelled out she should be working but none knew her past or that she had no master...so she ignored the rude comments.
Back to top Go down
Dyos
Dyos

PostSubject: Re: Earning her daily bread   Earning her daily bread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:44 pm

Dyos had been flying around overhead when he spotted an inn. Tyrugo flew like a spirit at his side. He needed no wings being a spirit. He landed and Tyrugo resumed his physical form. He opened the front door and was greeted with the most beautiful music he had ever heard. He followed it inside. His sword at his side. He ignored the stares as he walked inside. Mostly from the women. However, gasps echoed across the room as they saw Tyrugo. However, unlike most tigers Tyrugo had little interest in the people who could be taken as edible prey. He walked over to the woman and stood a few feet away.

He listened as she sang. Throwing in some coins and smiled. "You have a beautiful voice milady." He bowed to her. An arm across his waist. "It is a pleasure to meet a maiden whose beauty goes not only outwardly but clearly inwardly as well." He said. Sounding somewhat romantic but he was being himself. "My name is Dyos. What might your name be fair maiden?" he saw the color but didn't think of her as a slave. All he saw was a free woman. Even if she had that stupid thing around her neck. If he got to know her more he would take it off. He could break it off of her. As was the might of an angel. He was no normal man. He also did not agree with slavery. Though many did.

Tyrugo nudged him. "This is my spirit guardian Tyrugo. He too says it is nice to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Scarlet
Scarlet

PostSubject: Re: Earning her daily bread   Earning her daily bread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 3:27 am

She smiled and looked at the kids and smiled happily ignoring the glares from the others. She heard the clinking of the coins in her cup and looked up, "Thank you." She said like she always did and she heard him and smiled blushing lightly, "Oh thank you for your kind words." She said beaming and just smiled. "It's a pleasure to meet a man who is kind and thoughtful." She said countering his sweet words and smiled thought, it was sweet. "I'm Scarlet." She said as the little kids wondered around. She looked at the tiger not scared or worried about it and just smiled. "Nice to meet you Dyos and Tyrugo." She said with a slight giggle and got up before bending over causing her collar to slid around on her neck before she looked back at him with her sparkling and shinning green eyes. "Would you like me to buy you and Tyrugo dinner?" She said shaking her cup smiling. She hadn't counted out much was in the cup and wouldn't because it didn't matter as long as she could survive.
Back to top Go down
Dyos
Dyos

PostSubject: Re: Earning her daily bread   Earning her daily bread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 6:09 pm

Dyos saw her blushing lightly. Smiling at her warmly. Scratching Tyrugo behind the ears. "You are quite welcome milady." He said. He might sound a bit formal but it was his upbringing to treat any woman with respectful titleage. He smiled even more as he sounded out her name in his head. "Scarlet...." He said. The way he said it you would have thought he was talking about a beautiful and exotic flower rather than just her name. "It is nice to meet you."

He agreed. He looked into her sparkling and shining green eyes. He would willingly drown in those if it kept her smiling. She had such a sweet and gentle smile. Filled with warmth and kindness. He was just weird like that perhaps. He blinked and shook his head. "No." He spoke softly and then continued on as he held out his arm to her. "Dinner is my treat." He said. Tyrugo growled in clear displeasure. "Tyrugo says it is his treat as well but he has no pockets so I really don't see how he expects to pay." He said. His eyes sparkling as the tiger huffed. Clearly a little game between the two of them. Neither of them being serious about it.

If she took his arm, and even if she didn't, he would lead her over to the counter. "Pick whatever you would like to eat milady. To drink as well. They seem to have anything from water to tea."
Back to top Go down
Scarlet
Scarlet

PostSubject: Re: Earning her daily bread   Earning her daily bread I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 10:36 pm

She blinked when he said no and looked a bit confused as she brushed her hair out of her face making her collar jingle a bit. Then she heard what he said, "Oh. um...okay." She said as her cheeks burned and turned pink, this was new to her a man buying her dinner...was he going to butter her up then send her back to her master or make her serve him now? It was a bit scary for her...would he owe him after this? She giggled a little at the talk about the tiger paying but was still very much on guard. She put her arm through his as they walked her heart racing as the collar jingled with every step she took and sat infront of the counter and looked at him trying to see if her tricking her, "Can I just have a steak with water?" She asked, her wolf was craving meet so she needed to get meat into her body before the next full moon.
Back to top Go down
Dyos
Dyos

PostSubject: Re: Earning her daily bread   Earning her daily bread I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 2:52 pm

Dyos looked at her and thought the cute little pink hue to her cheeks was quite fitting on her. It was genuine and not pinched and slapped onto her cheeks as many women had done where he had grown up. He walked with her slowly and carefully. Not wishing to topple her over. He wasn't sure if she walked fast or slow but figured walking a normal slow pace would cover all the bases. He smiled and pulled out her chair for her. Pushing it in once she had sat in it.

He had no intentions of giving her back to her master. For one he didn't know who he was. For two it wasn't his way. For three he would gladly endanger his own life to protect a woman. It didn't matter to him she had a collar around her neck. All he saw was a beautiful woman who appeared to be as beautiful inside as she was outside. He took a seat next to her after pulling one out for Tyrugo. Tyrugo promptly jumped up into the seat with his paws in front of him Tail drapped over the side of the seat.

Dyos looked at her. "If that is what you would like to eat. It is up to you as you are the one eating it." He looked at the board. "I, myself however, think I will have the sour cream and chives potatoe. It comes with a delicious brocoli and cheese soup. Plus a big slice of honey glazed ham. Sounds very delicious in my opinion." He looked at Tyrugo. "And what do you want old friend?" The tiger let out a roar than put a paw on the picture of the huge rib eye steak that had very little bone to it. Dyos nodded his head. "The teriyaki ribeye it is then." He said.

Ordering the meals. "The lady would like a steak with water. You'll need to ask her how done she likes her meat. I'll have the sour cream and chives potatoe, the brocoli and cheese soup and the slice of ham meal. I would like a glass of tea." He said. The man asked if he was sure he didn't want a beer or some whiskey. He scrunched his face up in distaste. "It is dishonorable to drink a beverage in which you hold a high possibility of getting intoxicated. I never drink." He said seriously. "I would like tea. Thank you." he said respectfully. Lookign to Tyrugo. "He wants his steak barely cooked more than a few seconds."

He turned over the gold coins. Looking at Scarlet again with a smile. "So what other things do you know how to do besides sing beautiful and moving songs?" He asked. His tone gentle and warm. Kind and easy going.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet
Scarlet

PostSubject: Re: Earning her daily bread   Earning her daily bread I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 7:23 pm

She sat there and was still a bit worried, this was knew for her. "Um can I have it medium rare?" She asked looking at the person taking the order as her collar jingled a little. She looked back down at the counter as she was given a glass of water and took a slip looking at the one who was buying her dinner. "Other then singing I....don't really know. I was a slave. I never got to explore what I was good at. I guess I am good a sewing..." She said rubbing her arm looking at the tiger for a moment then back to her. His tone was gentle and kind yet she was still guarded and a bit scared as she played with the strand of hair that had fallen in her face. Her green eyes shinning as she looked at the counter again.
Back to top Go down
Dyos
Dyos

PostSubject: Re: Earning her daily bread   Earning her daily bread I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 7:13 am

He watched the server nod his head. He looked at his drink and took a sip of it as well. Looking back at her when she began speaking. Giving her his full attention. "You should take time to explore what you are and are not good at now then." He said with a genuine smile of warmth. "I can help you with that if you would like." He said. He didn't do anything other than speak with her. Why did she seem so nervous around him? He wasn't going to do anything to her. He just wanted to help her. He supposed he would have to gain her trust. He decided that was exactly what he was going to do. He watched Tyrugo lap up some milk the bar tender hesitantly had given him.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet
Scarlet

PostSubject: Re: Earning her daily bread   Earning her daily bread I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 4:27 am

She held the cold glass in her hand and looked at him as she told her she should explore what she is good at and blinked taking another sip just thinking. She watched him as he said he would help her and blinked. "Y..you will help me? How?" She asked a bit skeptical but more taken back then anything but smiled, "That is nice of you." She told him and looked down at the tiger and giggled a barman who gave the tiger the bowl of milk.
Back to top Go down
Dyos
Dyos

PostSubject: Re: Earning her daily bread   Earning her daily bread I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 10:31 pm

He drank his cold drink. They brought out the steak for Tyrugo first. He started chowing down right away. Holding the steak with his front paws. Dyos looked at her as she spoke. Blinking a bit at her question. "We will try different things. We'll do them together. We'll find by trail and error the things that you are good at. That way you can find out what you are good at. What you aren't good at. What you like doing. What you don't like doing." He explained. He smiled at her. "No problem. I enjoying helping new friends out." He said. He smiled at the fact Tyrugo was enjoying his milk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Earning her daily bread   Earning her daily bread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Earning her daily bread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
StoryBrooke :: Village :: Storybrooke Inn-
Jump to: